Target Free Family Saturdays: Uniquely You
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES:
- Mirror, Mirror: Beautify a mirror for yourself, adding fun decorations that reflect who you are.
- Be a Puppetmaster: Create your own puppet self-portrait.
- Quick-Draw Caricatures: Be amazed as the Cartoon Slinger makes speedy cartoon portraits of you and your family.
- Ruthie’s Origami Corner: Father’s Day edition! Make a special card just for dad.
- Fusion Cuisine by Chego: Sample tasty fusion cuisine by L.A.’s Chego, featuring their famous 3 p.m. Meatballs and a special grilled bok choy topped with blueberry habanero salsa. (While supplies last.)
11:30 a.m.: Author Kieren van den Blink presents an interactive reading of Sniff, the first in a series of five children’s books that evoke the fun and pleasure of the senses. Book signing to follow.
1 p.m.: Join Story Theater for a family-friendly improvisational performance in which the themes and storylines are shaped by you!
2 p.m.: Lora Nakamura reads from her book, Bonsai Babes: A Love Story, a magical account of two little girls in Los Angeles who struggle to realize their dreams. Bonsai drawing activity and book signing to follow.
3:15 p.m.: Multicultural theater troupe We Tell Stories performs Proud to Be Me, a series of interactive stories geared toward reinforcing self-esteem.